Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Alma 26: 11, 37

Reader, I was apprehensive to post this experience. My first thought was how my audience (made of 3 people) would react. It's not funny. It's not witty. It's deep and spiritual. Is that meant for the blogging community? Perhaps not, but I believe there is a moral associated with my story, and it's one that I want to pass on. This little fact, along with a brief conversation with the owner of "boots" made me persevere past my concerns and doubts and publish. Alas, here we are. Reader, I hope you love the story, see the moral and take the experience to heart.

Enjoy.

A few months ago, one of my good friends said to me that twice in his life God has assured him that he was doing exactly what he should be doing, and was in the very place God would have him be. I was taken back by this statement. I had never heard anyone say something so blunt. I envied him for such a personal interaction between him and the spirit, and I wondered why I had never felt such a prompting. Or maybe I had felt something similar, but had never recognized it. Either way, I am constantly seeking the peace and confidence associated with knowing you're doing well in the eyes of God...and since my chat with said friend, I've been hoping for an experience of my own...

Today reader, I got one:

I was sweetly assured that I was in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing. It felt wonderful. Tears came to my eyes as I lovingly served this stranger, and tears came to her own eyes as I spoke powerful words of hope and comfort. It was as if our spirits were speaking to each other and saying more than our mouths ever could. I thanked her for coming, and I will never forget what she said in return, "I am so glad YOU were here today". It was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. She was grateful for ME-not that she had come or for my time- but for me. She had needed me and, in a very real sense, I had needed her.

Later today I thought to myself, what if had been anywhere else? What if I had come late? What if I had missed her? The thought of missing that special moment killed me. Instantly, I knew God had intended for use to meet. So I must be doing something right if I am able to become an instrument in His hands, ya?

So here is my advice reader, look for these rare moments in which God is assuring you that He is there and pleased with you. They are precious and sustaining to the soul.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! See, it was a good decision to write about it. I think so at least. You're going to be able to touch other people's lives, like mine, through this experience. :)

    ReplyDelete