Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Missing Muse

I have realized in the last few hours of blog ownership, that I am a late comer to this pooled society. As soon as those 4 letters leave my mouth, "I have a B-L-O-G", instantly 1 out of every 3 people within hearing distance, chime up, "You do?! Me too!" It's amazing. All of a sudden I become self consciously introverted and hope they don't ask me for my URL. Facebook doesn't require literacy to look cool. Blogs do.

(Random side note: It's weird to not have a clear idea of who my audience is. I've told a person here and there about my blog. Are they reading it? Is it free for anyone to find? Or is no one logging on to check this beauty out? The potential vastness creeps me out.)

So I went on this date-like thing last night. By now anyone who knows me, knows that I hold high standards for what most people casually call "dates". Roughly speaking, I have spent the last 8 years of my life going on dates. I know a thing or two about this little ritual of ours, and therefore feel more than qualified to criticize them. I have never done so publicly. I have almost never done such a thing with my friends. (The truth of the matter is I usually go home feeling rather grateful-grateful that I'm still being asked out, and that the guy just shelled out a few bucks in my behalf.)

Seeing as how I am a dating connoisseur, of sorts, I'm wondering if my blog should be devoted to my rare success, and more than often failure in interacting with the male race. I mean gender. But then I wonder...is this all too "Sex in the City"? Because I am no Carrie (I aint got the clothes, or the rich hot, perpetually coming back into my life, millionaire boyfriend) and this is NOT NYC (provo, utah. Need I say more?). But I do have a few tricks up my sleeve and a few stories I could tell. All in all, it's not a bad idea.

Sure, I've addressed the fact that everyone (3 people) will become aware of my embarrassingly long dry spells. In such circumstances I can bring past stories into play, or a worthy enough story of a friend. Or a friend of a friends. Whatever. I'm not writing a history here. This is my hyperbole.

Yet I wonder...is this a ridicules waste of time for me and my readership (3 people)? Perhaps my blog can be a commentary on various news articles, or interviews I hear on NPR! Or maybe I can try and be funny and witty in telling stories! Or maybe "my apple" can be a menagerie between them all. Oh the sky is the limit here people!

Stay tuned for the break down of last nights date-like-thing. And for tonight's DOUBLE, BLIND date! Boo Ya!

1 comment:

  1. This is the kind of stuff I want to hear about! You do have quite the dating life and hey, you once lived in NYC. In aggregate you've got your own episodes to blog about without exaggeration. Love it and love you!

    ReplyDelete