Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

a little less conversation, a little more action

I've been trying to do some volunteer work this summer, but every organization of interest has been full and doesn't need any more help. Naturally, I begin to think: Seriously?! You're turning down volunteers?! Do you know how hard it is to volunteer in a town chock full of bored, do-gooder Mormons?! GAH!

Sometimes being around so many over achievers is exhausting.

Yesterday I was at J's apartment, when a girl mentioned that she was reading a book that was slowly turning her into a feminist. I smiled and jokingly exclaimed, "yes! another one is joining our camp!" Everyone else got quit and glossed over my comment.

When will "feminist" no longer be considered a 4 letter word?

Developing a relationship, and especially love within a relationship is so very fragile. Too much space and it will go out. Not enough room and it will die. It's a balance - a delicate dance of action and response. I guess that's why they call it a flame. Every spark is a potential, but only the right mix of materials makes a fire.

That's what I want. FIRE.

http://beuler.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/33_15_15-fire-flame-texture_web.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment